Yacutinga Origins: A unique and innovative proposal.
The northeast corner of the Misiones Province still keeps surprises of an unknown Argentina. Yacutinga added a surprising and unexpected journey to discover the farming life style of Andresito Colony to the exuberant environmental Jungle interpretation
Pioneers of the late twentieth century came to the area with the hope of a new opportunity of living. They conquered the untamed Jungle with hard work, hope and sacrifice.
The stories about jaguars and giant snakes, life with jungle as a neighbour, the fires, the Yerba Mate and the local culture are still nowadays a strict reflection of the tales about Horacio Quiroga.
4 days / 3 nights dedicated to understand this peculiar reality of our country comfortably accommodated in Yacutinga Lodge.
• All meals, accommodation, transfers and activities included.
• The set of planned activities provide the opportunity to understand the Interior Atlantic rainforest from an environmental and social side.
• Eco tours: Kayaking trough the waters of the jungle and trekking into the Rainforest; guided by ecologists within the exclusive Yacutinga Private Reserve.
The visit to the neighbouring Guarani Community Kagui Pora 2 close to Yacutinga Lodge . The idea during this experience is to understand the social reality our brothers Guarani are undergoing. While developing this kind of low impact ecotourism activity we try to help them in various ways. It is an open-eye experience for any visitor.
• The Yerba Mate (Ilex paraguariensis) plantation. This is the main agricultural product and economic stilt of the neighbouring Andresito Colony . Pioneers of the last Century transformed this wild bush in a crop. Today the Yerba Mate is a very popular infusion for Argentinians, Uruguayans and south Brazilian people.
• Without the use of medicinal native plants from the Atlantic Forest, the colonization would not be possible, and because of that we add to this experience the possibility to learn how locals use these native plants for homeopathic medicine; using the traditional mate infusion as a method to intake the homeopathic benefits that some of the plants of the jungle kindly give us. Its tradition is explained given that without doubt it has been the rural homeopathy the one that permitted the settling of the pioneer families in this rural environment. This tradition is still going and shining in this unknown part of Argentina.
A journey through the living history of our country, where past and future meet to create a curious present.
This is an unprecedented and extremely picturesque jungle experience.